Medical Brigades & Community Outreach
- Visiting medical brigades occupy a special niche in promoting community health.
- Community Health Workers, local nurses and doctors are the true pillars of health care for many of those communities.
- Visiting and local caregivers can learn a lot from each other and their partnership can result in improved heath for the families that they serve.
- Visitors: Expect to see diseases that have been controlled in the developed countries.
- Locals: Be ready to teach visitors about the realities of medical care in your setting.
- Sometimes by studying together, exchanging ideas and opinions, we can do better work together than we could alone.